Ready to take your art to the next level?
Beauty in Bloom
Your creative retreat to help you find peace & joy through the painting process while improving your watercolor skillsEnroll now!
Painting is your passion
You love taking out your supplies and putting paint to paper. But there’s something that keeps getting in your way...
When you sit down to paint more advanced images, your mind goes blank. Where do you even start?
While painting, you start questioning yourself. How much water should I use on my paper? Where should I include more detail? How can other artists paint with such ease?
Even though you follow YouTube tutorials, you still feel like something’s missing. You’re ready to start creating realistic art that accurately expresses who you are as an artist because painting with watercolor is a hobby you want to stick with.
But that's not all...
- You’re ready to take on more advanced watercolor painting techniques, so your finished art has more depth, detail, and realism
- You want to feel confident sharing your art without feeling embarrassed or constantly comparing yourself to other artists
- You’re getting stuck in the details and just want to paint loosely without being limited by your current skills
Want in on a little secret?
You might think “top-notch” watercolor artists are born with some innate talent. But that’s not true. They reached that level by learning new techniques from other artists and practicing them over and over (without simply giving up when things became challenging).
The more techniques you learn, the easier it will be to develop your own painting style so you don’t have to rely on tutorials to create a beautiful work of art. You’ll know how to paint any image that inspires you, and you’ll feel relaxed throughout the entire painting process.
"Beauty in Bloom"
Your creative retreat for watercolor artists wanting to learn more advanced painting techniques
You’ll get to dive into spring themed painting, exercises, and the instructions you’ll need to:
✔ Plan out your painting from start to finish
✔ Translate your reference image into your art without simply copying it
✔ Understand more about how watercolor behaves and how certain techniques will create desired effects on your paper
✔ Make your artwork look more realistic
✔ Express yourself freely with paint, so you can create your own artistic style
✔ Create momentum and a painting "self-care" routine that you can stick with
Here’s what you’ll learn
✔ How to capture light, depth, and shadows in your painting
✔ Water control and watercolor washes
✔ How to add details to make your painting look realistic
✔ How to fill your “artist’s toolbox” with the tools needed to create your own painting style
✔ How to use a reference image and translate it into a successful painting without simply copying it
Here’s what you get
- In-depth, step-by-step watercolor painting tutorials to get you in the mood for spring. The images include a cherry blossom tree, field of tulips, a meadow, and a bird at sunrise.
- Videos that break down techniques such as composition, depth, light, shadowing, water control, and more, to help you create realistic and interesting paintings.
- Bonus sketching outlines for each scene so you can trace your image before painting.
- A bonus step-by-step guide that you can use to create your own watercolor art using what you'll learn. (Included in Full Bundle Only)
- Recordings of past Q&A sessions (Included in Full Bundle Only)
Hey, I'm Mako!
Watercolor artist and founder of Makoccino, where I help people find and share their own creative voice through watercolor painting.
For as long as I can remember, painting was a way for me to express myself and do something creative at the same time. And I'm passionate about helping others do the same.
Over the past decade, I've devoted my time to my YouTube channel to help other artists learn techniques and skills that allow them to express themselves freely in their art, and to relax and enjoy the process.
If you're ready to master watercolor painting and practice a little self-care at the same time...
Join me at the Virtual Watercolor Creative Retreat!
Your classes never expire. Login to your private student portal anytime, on any device with a browser, including mobile phones and tablets.
All audio is in English, and closed captions are available in English as well.
Professionally filmed, HD video lessons that make you feel like you're right here with me painting in the room!